UST Education Policy, Cancellations, Refunds or Credits
Satisfaction Guarantee / Complaint Resolution
UST Education’s goal is to provide exceptional Events and Webinar offerings and service, with professional education credits where applicable. The content provided is designed to be relevant and pertinent to attendee and instructor professional education requirements. If you are unhappy with any offering or service, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can improve our product offering and that we can rectify any deficiency which you may experience. In your complaint, please indicate your first name, last name, email address (as provided with at the time of your registration) and the date/time of the Event/Webinar which you are writing about.
Course Update Policy
In accordance with CPE Standard No. 4, all UST Education courses pertaining to accounting standards or tax rulings shall contain the most recent publication, revision or review date as applicable at the time and date of the Event/Webinar. Courses must be revised as soon as feasible following changes to relative codes, laws, rulings, decisions, interpretations, etc.
Cancellation, Refund & Credit Policy
Some UST Education Events or Webinars are offered at no charge in which case this policy section does not apply.
In cases where a registration fee is charged to attendees, UST Education will fully refund any Event or Webinar registration fees in full with notifications submitted to UST Education via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org based on the following conditions:
- Refunds will be granted any time up to the scheduled start of the Webinar (or at least 48- hours in advance if it is an in-person Event) if you notify us in writing in advance at email@example.com.
- Refunds will otherwise not be granted for no-shows. However, if you experience technical difficulties online to access any paid Webinar, you will be granted a full refund with your explanation in writing.
You may substitute your registration with another person without advance approval.
Event/Webinar Cancellation or Postponement
UST Education reserves the right to modify, postpone/reschedule or cancel Events or Webinars for any reason, including but not limited to emergency, inclement weather, cancellation by the instructor, or force majeure. If there is an Event or Webinar cancellation, every attempt will be made to reschedule, and registration fees will be applied to the rescheduled event date.
UST Education will communicate Event or Webinar cancellations via email to the email address provided by registrant at the time of registration.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images and Recordings
Registration and participation in a UST Education Event or Webinar constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant or attendees’ image or voice in photographs, video, and electronic reproductions solely as part of UST’s mission of providing professional education. Such images or voice recordings shall not be used by UST in any manner for barter or sale to 3rd parties.
Record Retention Policy
UST Education policy is based on a 5-year retention requirement for the following documents in accordance with CPE Standard No. 24:
- records of participation (Zoom or other web-conference record of attendees or a sign in sheet for in-person events which may be electronic)
- dates and locations of Webinar offering (UST Website);
- instructor(s) names and reviewer names and credentials, if applicable (UST Website)
- number of CPE credits earned by participants (electronic copy of CPE Certificates issued for each Webinar/Event);
- results of Event/Webinar evaluations (electronic record in Event Rebels or other event registration software in use);
- Event/Webinar descriptive materials (course announcement information on UST Website).
- For the CPA and tax attorney acting as an instructor, author/developer and reviewer for accounting, auditing or tax program(s), the state of licensure, license number and status of license will be maintained (UST internal documentation).
- For the enrolled agent acting in such capacity for tax program(s), information regarding the enrolled agent number should be maintained.
Version: November 2020