Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)- Latest Update Nonprofits & Associations
Webinar: group live presented online || Attendance: 49 Associations || Overall it provided a good overview and update for the new laws || A good refresher on UBIT after the CAE years ago.
Click here for Recorded Webinar
(Note: CAE or CPE credits can only be granted to attendees of the group-live webinar presented online)
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM (EASTERN TIME)
COVID19 presents significant challenges for executives leading non-profit organizations. One of the greatest of these is the magnitude of the overall financial impact. As membership dues and conference registrations decline, NFP and Associations are expanding products and services to generate additional income. These activities may be considered unrelated business income (UBI). Executives must carefully monitor the level of UBI activity, as it may jeopardize their exempt status. Learn exactly what UBI means, the interpretations and IRS guidance.
- Publication 598 – what is UBI?
- Court interpretations of UBI Silos, rates, fringe benefits – Tax Cuts-Jobs Act impact on UBIT IRS Guidance
- Notice 2018-67Assessment and Documentation. How much is too much?
|CPE(NASBA Category)||Taxes||Reviewer||Wade Tetsuka, CPA|
|CAE (Field of Study)||Administration||CPE/CAE Credits||1.5|
|Prerequisites and advance preparation needed||At least 1-year of accounting in public or private nonprofit industry is preferred; no advance preparation required.||Cost||$0.00|
U.S Transactions Corp. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
U.S. Transactions Corporation
44044 Riverpoint Drive,
Leesburg, VA 20176
Phone: (866) 442-3327
Fax: (866) 511-0935
Key Points About Services
- Over the last 7 years, we have a client retention rate of 97.5% (vs. industry average of 67.4%).
- Three consecutive years (2012, 2011, and 2010) in President’s Club
- We prove and validate your success by providing an initial 6-month fee/savings analysis, and thereafter annually.