Automating Grants Management and Accounting
Webinar: group live presented online || Attendance: 55 Associations || Reviews ♦♦♦♦♦ || Thank you. Very insightful information. || Thank you very much Mike. Very good overview! || Good information, learned about several options, thanks! || Helpful webinar – useful information. Thank you.
Click here for Recorded Webinar
(Note: CAE or CPE credits can only be granted to attendees of the group-live webinar presented online)
This session will provide an overview of the general grant lifecycle which is typical for federal, state, and foundation related grants. It will focus on the different types of cost allocation methods that can be used to charge donors for re-imbursements. Passthrough grants or subawards to grantees will be reviewed. Throughout the session, automating processes will be an underlying theme. The goal is to highlight where manual procedures can be automated to save time and reduce errors. Finally, the session will identify key features to look for when evaluating a grants management solution.
· Understand the typical grants life cycle – from application to close.
· Identify typical grant related data elements
· Specify a grant budget – typical expense categories. Enforce allowable expenses.
· Classify direct and indirect costs
· Formulate indirect costs – multiple options (transactional, pooling, negotiated rates)
· Calculate effort reporting and certification process
· Understand matching scenarios between grants
· Specify grant close out process
· Understand pass through grants or subaward process.
· Evaluate what to look for in a software solution
|CPE(NASBA Category)||Finance – Technical||Reviewer||Wade Tetsuka, CPA|
|CAE (Field of Study)||Operations||CPE/CAE Credits||1.5|
|Prerequisites and advance preparation needed||At least 1 year of association or nonprofit operations experience. No advance preparation required for course||Cost||$0.00|
U.S. Transactions Corporation
44044 Riverpoint Drive,
Leesburg, VA 20176
Phone: (866) 442-3327
Fax: (866) 511-0935
Key Points About Services
- Over the last 7 years, we have a client retention rate of 97.5% (vs. industry average of 67.4%).
- Three consecutive years (2012, 2011, and 2010) in President’s Club
- We prove and validate your success by providing an initial 6-month fee/savings analysis, and thereafter annually.